It’s really easy to stop noticing the little loving things your partner does for you on a regular basis. On this LoveTrip we want you to start appreciating each other again and start recognizing all the reasons you are still in love.
- For the next week each of you must keep a journal of all the little things your partner does to make you happy.
- After a week pick your favorite 10 little loving things.
- Share these 10 little loving things with each other.
- Don’t stress out if you can’t think of things right away, they will come to you as the week goes on.
- Remember these are LITTLE things. Spend the week trying to appreciate things you normally wouldn’t notice or have become so used to happening that you no longer recognize it.
- Every time you say “thanks” is probably because of a Little Loving Thing your partner did for you so take note!
Here is our example:
Doing this exercise ourselves we realized how we weren’t actively aware of many of our little loving things.
The little things I appreciate that Chris does for me!
- Bringing me food at work when I do a night shift
- Buying me surprise strawberry tarts from the bakery
- Making me breakfast so I can sleep an extra 15 minutes
- Letting me use his thighs in bed as a foot warmer
- Making the most amazing mashed potatoes
- Digging out my car on a snowy day when he doesn’t have to leave the house
- Putting an extra cover on me in the morning before he goes to work
- Handing me my towel so I don’t have to get out of the hot shower
- He doesn’t make the food too spicy even though he likes it that way
- Makes sure my feet are covered with a blanket when sitting on the couch
The little things I appreciate that Katie does for me!
- Baking goodies for my RISK! friends
- Being okay with me playing NHL16 in the evenings
- Playing with my beard
- Folding the clothes (especially the underwear)
- Making pancakes on Sunday mornings
- Watching TV shows she doesn’t like
- Making me a lunch for the next day if I’m tired
- Putting away the groceries
- Making me a protein shake after a workout
- Making me tea
Tweet us your favorite Little Loving Things to @lovetripping. We want to hear what you have to say!