A little weekly ritual we have is to ask each other one question for the week ahead. We find it helps us not only plan a little bit for the week ahead, but sets an expectation and a goal of improving our relationship.
The Weekly Question Couples Challenge
- Pick 1 question to ask each other at the beginning of the week. It can be the same question or a different question each week. You can always ask more than one question if you like. We like to ask this question every Sunday evening during dinner.
- Keep a journal of the questions asked and the answers. A simple word doc or a notebook is good enough. Keep the date, question asked, who asked the question, and the answer given.
- The questions you ask each other on a regular basis will indicate what is important to you. Likewise the questions you DON’T ask might be a good place for you to start improving on your relationship together.
These are some examples of the questions we like to ask each other every week:
- What do you need help with this week?
- What was good and / or bad about last week?
- What is a night we can have to ourselves?
- Do you want to go out on a date or have a sexy night at home?
- Do you want a night to yourself?
- If I could do one super romantic thing this week what would it be?
- What’s one healthy activity we can do?
- What is something special I can make you for dinner?
- Did I do something last week that bothered you?
- If you could do one thing differently last week what would it be?
- What is the sexiest thing we can do together?
- What is something new we can learn together?
Those are just some of our favorite questions. They make for a great discussion topic and ensures that we’re always doing our best to communicate, and improve our relationship. Have some fun with it, get creative, don’t be afraid to get silly or adventurous!