At this point in your relationship you’ve probably done all the usual Valentine’s Day clichés. You’ve done the romantic dinner at a classy restaurant, chocolates and flowers, and some sexy red lingerie to end the evening. How about we think outside the box a little for some romantic and sexy fun? This is a list of some of the Valentine Love Trip’s we’ve taken, and some others we’re planning to do in the future.
If you are both the adventurous type and like to try new things then why don’t you celebrate Valentine’s by doing something a little different? A weekend road trip to somewhere new or testing out the craziest roller coasters at an amusement park are great ways to connect with each other and disconnect from everyone else for a day.
- Camping – Nothing says Valentine’s Day like cuddling up in front of a campfire and roasting marshmallows. Take advantage of your lack of cell signal to really focus on each other.
- Road Trip – Blast your favorite music and sing at the top of your lungs while you drive through the country side. Pull over to the side of the road to take sunset photos together and splurge on road stop ice cream and hot dogs.
- Amusement Park – Get your adrenaline going and enjoy the ride. Try to win that big teddy bear and eat as much cotton candy and popcorn as you can handle. Make a memorable pose and buy that silly photo taken of you at the top of the roller coaster.
- Crash a wedding – This year Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday, for the more daring Love Trippers it’s a perfect way to bask in another couples most romantic day. Dress to impress and party with the bride and groom!
- Karaoke – Get silly this Valentine’s Day and sing each other your favorite love ballads or do a duet. You might both have to share a few cocktails to get the nerves out, but that’s all part of the fun.
Spend the day getting fit together. Exercise and release the endorphins, they make you happy! The best part about working out on Valentine’s Day is the shower you get to take together, and then you’re ready to break out the massage oils.
- Hiking – Get out and enjoy nature. Find a path less travelled and take pleasure in feeling like you’re the only two people in the world. Pack yourselves a little picnic and chow down at the end of the hike.
- Yoga – Take a couples yoga class and learn how to bend and move together in ways that you never dreamed of. It can be funny, sensual, or just relaxing and it’s a great way to stretch out before a romantic evening.
- Tobogganing – While everyone is being cliché and ice skating hurtle yourselves down a snowy slope. Get your blood pumping by going up and down a mountain.
- Rock Climbing – This involves lots of teamwork and motivation, making it perfect for couples looking for a challenge and a workout.
For the couples that feed off each other’s competitiveness these activities are for you. Say I love you by smack talking and gloating when you proclaim yourself the winner. Up the ante by betting massages or other sexy fun.
- Bowling – Not usually known for its sexy factor, bowling is a great way to surprise your partner. Try to distract each other with kisses, subtle touches, and some not so subtle whispered conversations about what the winner gets at the end of the game. See whose mind wanders enough for their ball to end up in the gutter.
- Paintball – Get out all that tension by shooting at each other or join forces and destroy whoever you’re playing against. Afterwards take some romantic paint covered photos and go wash each other off in the shower.
- Mini Putt – Practice your stroke and enjoy a relaxing game of Mini Putt together. Whoever gets a hole-in-1 gets a sexy surprise from their partner later in the day.
- Gambling – Spend the day at the casino or racetrack and see how lucky you are. Put on your most elegant outfit, have a cocktail, and feel like James Bond and Vesper Lynd at the high rollers table.
- Go Karting – Where adventure and competition meet. Speed past your partner and maybe give them a little bump along the way to show them who is boss.
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with some sex! It’s why we’re here after all. Instead of the usual lingerie, candles, and bed of rose petals try something new, and maybe a little risqué.
- Strip Club – A good quality strip club pulses with sexuality. Watch the show, listen to the sultry beats, and enjoy the outfits. If you’re feeling really brave, pick your favorite dancer and ask for a couples lap dance. Who knows where the night might take you after that!
- Burlesque Show – Like the strip club, but with more flair. These performers take their craft seriously and know how to be entertaining while flaunting their sexuality. If you’re lucky you might even get pulled into the show.
- Treasure Hunt – Leave a trail of sexy clues that will take your partner around house, and maybe even the city. The final treasure, well it’s you of course!
- Truth or Dare – Feeling confident? Can you handle the pressure of Truth or Dare? Would you rather share your deepest darkest fantasy, or go streaking? Beware, this game is only for the daring!
- Bare it all day – Who needs clothes on Valentine’s Day? Stay in and just be naked all day. Appreciate each other’s bodies in their natural beauty. Warning! You might want an apron if you’re making bacon!
- SEX IN A HAT – Need some help coming up with sexy acts? Go play our Sex In A Hat game if you haven’t already!
Class up your evening by experiencing the arts. For couples looking to express their love in more creative ways, these fun date ideas are a great way to do something both unique and romantic.
- Ceramic or Pottery Making – Spend the day making each other mugs and painting them with your favorite colors or inside jokes. These great little souvenirs become keepsakes for you both to cherish while having your morning coffee.
- Go to a museum – Walk around the exhibits discussing your favorite artists, argue about the true meaning of an abstract sculpture, and sip cappuccinos in the café next door.
- Watch a play – Enjoy a showing of Romeo & Juliet or Cyrano de Bergerac. Recite the most romantic lines to each other and finish the night with a happy ending unlike the plots to these plays.
- The Photographers – Take romantic, sexy, and silly pictures of each other or hire a photographer for the day and have them capture your cutest moments. A photo is worth a thousand words after all.
Valentine’s Day is all about romance so why fight it. This year do something a little different and give the classics a twist.
- Picnic – Who doesn’t like a picnic? Fill your basket with a fresh baguette, cheese, olives, pate, wine, and a couple cupcakes for dessert. Find a nice spot under a tree and enjoy a romantic day together. If it’s cold outside lay a blanket down on your living room floor and get the fireplace roaring.
- Dining In – Get inspired in the kitchen and whip up your partners favorite meals. Make it an all day event with breakfast in bed, a creative salad for lunch, and a dinner that beats going out to any restaurant.
- Sharing each other’s interests – Say I love you by participating in an activity that your partner loves and you dislike. Check out our couples challenge to see why this is a great date idea.
- Make them a Spotify Playlist – Simple but oh so romantic. Borrow your partner’s phone or mp3 player and create a playlist filled with all the songs that mean the most to you both. Like a Mixed Tape of the future!
- Love Tweets – For the socially addicted couples, sending loving tweets throughout the day is a great and modern way to show you care. Post pictures, poems, quotes and favorite memories. For bonus points create a whole new twitter account just for showing how much you love them.
- Relive your first date – Was it love at first sight? Relive the moment you knew you found the one. Go back to that awesome restaurant or bar where you met. Take a trip down memory lane and talk about all the great times you have had together.
Learning something new with your partner is a great way to discover talents you never knew you had. Sign up for a couples cooking class or dance lessons and laugh your heads off when someone forgets the bread in the oven or steps on the others toes.
- Cooking – Learn to work together in the kitchen by cooking up a storm. Couples cooking classes are fun, easy, and leave you feeling like you accomplished something as a team.
- Dance – Tango lessons are an exotic way to have fun while being sexy. Take those new found moves to the bedroom later on in the evening.
- Mixology – Make some cocktails and get tipsy as you learn to tend bar in these fun quick mixology classes. Create your own drinks and name them after each other.
- Cake decorating – Get covered in icing and lick each other’s fingers. Design your own cupcakes to share later on in the night. It doesn’t matter how good or bad you are at decorating cupcakes because in the end it’s all delicious.
So maybe volunteering wasn’t on your Valentine’s Day radar. But sometimes the best way to feel connected to your partner is just to do some good in the world.
- Retirement Home – Why don’t you go to a nearby retirement home and pass out some roses to the lovely ladies. Let them recount stories of when they were young and in love and then ask them for advice on having a long lasting relationship. That’s pretty darn romantic if you ask us.
- Animal Shelter – Spend your day playing with puppies, petting kitties and maybe decided to expand your family a little by leaving with a furbaby.
- Environmental work – Make the world a better place and improve your future together by cleaning it up a little. End the day feeling proud of what you accomplished and knowing that your leaving your children or future children a better world.